Friday, December 3, 2010

Ousted Koreans cry foul

SEOUL - Government officials fight to help the displaced persons by the North Korean attack on South Korean Island last week, with several hundred inhabitants live in a public swimming pool while the cleanup has begun not even on their homes.

[SB10001424052748704594804575649441289961292]Associated press

The irritation of Yeonpyeong inhabitants was for days grows and surfaced meeting Wednesday at a fierce with officials from the Incheon City Government, jurisdiction over the island.

The displaced inhabitants refused to rent apartments for you in other cities, a range of officials say they wanted to stay in the port city, the daily ferry crossing to Yeonpyeong and where you already have some political dominance.

The residents of bathhouse where conditions are unpleasant grown want at the same time. About 400 inhabitants remain in the Incheon bathhouse, where you first collected and cleaned up after the attack. The rest of the 1,400 inhabitants scattered to the homes of friends and related.

"Imagine hundreds of people who slept with each other." I am speechless, ", said Koh young-ja, a Yeonpyeong residence there to stay.

A speaker in the Incheon City Hall said city officials worried that the island in danger again attacked during a South Korean US been common practice and said cleanup activities could begin now, it's over.

video2: 12 Of the United States and in South Korea a potent show of force against North Korea Sunday, staged as China for emergency talks naval forces on the crisis on the split peninsula called. Video courtesy of Getty Images.

Tuesday's South Korean President Lee Myung-bak expressed frustration and said more agencies needed to engage in recreation, called it a "national crisis" that deserves the attention of the entire Cabinet.

Mr. Lee said that it appeared to him that some people in the Government felt, it was to deal with a matter for the mod.

Additionally, the Government and a handful of charities has generated the plight of the inhabitants of the island little action in the eight days since the attack. Monetary or other articles, civic officials have none of the major conglomerates of the country and Islanders said, a sharp contrast to the outpouring after an oil spill in 2007 and during the preparation of the last month group of 20 Summit in Seoul.

The difficulties that are of the population is only now beginning to crack by attention by domestic coverage of the attack of the aftermath to diplomatic maneuver was dominated and common South Korea-US naval exercise one.

November 23 attack damaged almost every house on the island, and people return to their homes because of the ongoing verbal threats from North Korea were held.

Common South Korea-US military exercise from Sunday to Wednesday perceptions about the risk of Yeonpyeong raised. The South Korean military ordered people on the island in bomb shelters short Sunday and restricted visitors during the exercise.

Much of the criticism Mr. LEE, South Korean President has faced was attack across the military first response and treatment and cleaning of the island inhabitants represent political risks, if not treated, analysts say.

The military more its marine outposts on the island, only a few howitzers, with more had artillery guns and multiple rocket launchers.

But the ongoing difficulties of the Islanders suggest South Korea bad for a North Korean attack, an event was prepared Repeatedlybeen had called "unimaginable" by the South Korean politicians.

SKISLAND1201Reuters inhabitants artillery bombardment on Yeonpyeong Iceland fleeing North Korea rest in a makeshift shelter from a sauna in Incheon, West of Seoul December 1, 2010 converts.

"People are you talking feel about security, but never it is precious, until it is threatened," says song young-sun, Member of the Parliament of the ruling Conservative Party. "Unfortunately, the Government had not prepared plan or training for this."

Although Yeonpyeong is just a few miles from the North Korean Coast, its 10 bomb shelters had no provisions in you if the attack began.

The island escape was a spontaneous get dash for boats, which began, six hours later, after dark.

Things that still in the week since much improved.

By Wednesday had no garbage trucks, bulldozers or other equipment were sent to clean up the island which is littered with broken glass, where over 30 houses were destroyed.

But the island was available. Vehicles sent a day after the attack, hired to place a cargo ship and satellite truck fleets of cars and vans on the Island South Korea TV networks, and the Red Cross to support.

-Jaeyeon Woo
contributed to this article.

Write toEvan Ramstad at evan.ramstad@wsj.com


View the original article here

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment