NEW DELHI – David Headley, Pakistani Americans who the 2008 pleaded guilty Mumbai terrorist attacks, identified in US Federal Court to aid vote some important conspirator in the cruel shooting spree, top Indian officials said.
Indian investigators intelligence telephone catches played for Lord Headley during an interrogation in this year, the Official Home Secretary g.k. PILLAI said. The United States Mr Headley exposed Indian officials for questioning in Chicago in early June. India had pressed for access to it on American soil, because its U.S. plea deal extradite excluded.
Mr Pillai, said in an interview that Lord Headley could identify three "handler of four Pakistan-based" for the attacks in these shots. Lord Headley said investigators personally he had two handlers, one from the militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba who performed believes the attacks India and one of Pakistan's spy agency, the inter-service intelligence.
Mr PILLAI said by Lord of Headley's interrogation June and other evidence submitted to Pakistan this summer of the country's prosecution of those responsible for the deadly rampage in Mumbai to promote, where 10 gunmen killed more than 160 people some of the top attractions and hotels in the city. But Pakistan "Nowhere" despite India's leading makes Mr PILLAI said.
European Pressphoto Agency of firefighters try fires as smoke rises from the Taj hotel to douse building in Mumbai November 2008 after the attacks."I don't think that you are going to do something about it," said Mr Pillai, adding that he believes that Pakistan moves so far ahead are the case of a "facade" and that it keeps track of the people in the "control room" isn't who orchestrated the attacks. Pakistan is wary of cracking down on top militant for fear you will "sing" and imply Pakistani Government officials in the attacks, he said. "You just don't", he said.
Abdul Basit, a spokesman for Pakistan's Foreign Ministry India said this summer Pakistan nationals were the names of six Pakistani, including two people believed to be served or former military officers said Mr Headley to the Mumbai attacks were involved. But he said Pakistan was not able, to these people, to identify, Lord Headley probably knew of pseudonyms.
Pakistan has denied strongly under each role in the Mumbai attacks. It has seven people in its Mumbai investigation including Lashkar-e-Taiba members charged but started their studies. Have see frustrated, what Indian officials as stalling tactics, an important reason attempted peace talks between the nuclear weapons this year have rivals out of the ground.
Lord Headley, 49-year-old son of a Pakistani diplomat and an American woman, was arrested by US authorities in October and March Federal Court to several terrorism-related charges guilty in a Chicago. He acknowledged co-conspirators landing in Mumbai for attacker operated participate in training camps in Pakistan by Lashkar-e-Taiba and implementation monitoring several Mumbai objectives before the attacks as well as help, to find the journey to the sea.
Lord of Headley's Attorney, John Theis, said Sunday that his client signed "requires him the plea agreement in March to cooperate with authorities." Mr. Theis would comment on the specific claims that Lord Headley identified the voices of the main conspirators. "To all sessions that may or not had with law enforcement, I could not comment," said Mr. Theis.
Mr Pillai, said Mr. of Headley's interrogation a "sophisticated command and control" revealed network orchestrated the attacks. Each handler identified on the tapes was responsible for a different goal - one for the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, one for the Chabad Jewish community center and so on.
Under the name was India gave Sajid Mir to Pakistan, India believes, one of the heads was the Mumbai attack as a top of official in Lashkar-e-Taiba. The Lord turned the intelligence sections, India, Pakistan has strong evidence me's are role, Mr PILLAI said. He said he has Pakistani officials said, "I have given unto you to photography, I have given you the transcript of voice, the guy is in Pakistan." "Go catch all Sajid Mirs communications, that in Pakistan, match the voice transcript, and you have your guy."
Among his plea deal agreed the United States, Mr Headley, a decision to deliver that it has made more difficult for India and Pakistan to use his testimony to help those track whom he identified as responsible for the supervision of the attacks. Mr PILLAI said the United States, that the decision made "unilaterally" and "without consulting either India or Pakistan." As a result, he said, can Lord Headley's statements in Indian or Pakistani courts be used although his identification of Mumbai India's investigations into the attacks has promoted Scheduler to voice recordings. Mr PILLAI said it was a "sovereign decision of the United States" to make a deal with Lord Headley.
A spokeswoman for the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi refused an opinion. In June, U.S. Ambassador to India Timothy Roemer, India explained and USA "excellent cooperation" enjoyed in the hearing of Mr Headley in Chicago.
-Tom Wright contributed to this article.Write toAmol Sharma to the amol.sharma@wsj.com

0 comments:
Post a Comment